2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 2:37 PM by SecretWeaponLabs

How does one get started with CodeIgniter and FMSA 11?

SecretWeaponLabs

I've followed the instructions here: http://codeigniter.com/wiki/FilemakerPro_Database_Integration

amended for the PHP4 to now PHP5 errors. I just can't get it to work.

Anyone have any good help on how to do this? I'm willing to pay for time too!

Thanks,

Denis

• 1. Re: How does one get started with CodeIgniter and FMSA 11?
          andersmonsen

I set up a test application based on this wiki entry earlier this year using FX.php. It does work, but there are some changes that must be made to the FX settings. What kind of errors did you get? Did you update any of the settings, or just mirror the wiki?

Anders Monsen

MightyData

• 2. Re: How does one get started with CodeIgniter and FMSA 11?
            SecretWeaponLabs

Hi Anders,

First off, thanks for the reply.  I believe I had a couple of issues, namely I got CodeIgniter installed and displaying the CI test/home page but my FX.php pages were just completely blank and there was nothing in the PHP error log and I had difficult determing if this was because I was running this, for dev purposes, out of my user Sites folder, if I was missing some MAMP component, or if I should just try it with the FMSA install of PHP.  In the end, nothing was generating errors or giving me a hint that I could use so I had to abandon the attempt.

I did learn that I did not have to worry about specifying FMP11 in a config file and FMP7 was fine.

I also discovered a CI template on github by SlashingWeapon designed to use FileMaker.PHP instead.  I couldn't get that to work properly as I wasn't entirely sure of all the include steps unfortunately.  If you are able to provide a slightly more detailed install than the CI wiki, that'd be awesome.

I think I'll give CI & FMP another go after my project is done (and blog a detailed howto install) but I needed to start showing the client some results not just me screaming at the computer!

Cheers,

Denis