AnsweredAssumed Answered

Text formatting within fields

Question asked by JulianJohnson on Nov 21, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 22, 2011 by ErikWegweiser

Hi All,

I've come up against an issue, which I think is a lack of knowledge of how this should behave on my part.

There are three tables concerned, a promotions table, contacts table and recipients table that links one promotion to many recipients/one recipient to many promotions.

I have a field on a screen formatted layout that is used to hold the text for the body of a letter and the client either types or pastes a block of text into the field. They then apply styling tot he text to add fonts, sizes bold, colours and alignment etc.

When the letter is sent out, there is a recipient list held in a related table holding the link to the contact records for those who should recieve it. The send script performs a Go To Related Record to the recipient list in a letter sized layout. The body of the text on the layout is the same field that they used to enter and style the text on screen. (It is from the exact same table occurrance - GTRR has not jumped to another anchor-buoy block of TOs)

The issue I have is that styling changes made in the promotions layout aren't then appearing in the letter layout. Should styling changes made in a field in one layout then appear in the same field in another layout when it based on the same field in the same TO. Is there soemthing I need to switch on/off etc in order to get the changes to appear?

Thanks in advance.

Jules

Outcomes