AnsweredAssumed Answered

stock keeping program for manufacturing parts

Question asked by user14673 on Nov 23, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 23, 2011 by LyndsayHowarth

I was a software writer in the early 90s. System analysis and logic in programming are not a problem. But I didn’t keep up with the software, and now that I started again a few months back using Filemaker Pro, it’s a lot of getting used to a new interface and finding tricks I know must be in there somewhere. I made a good start, but when it comes to security of the data, backup, custom menus, etc, I’m just not feeling good about what I have so far in coding and knowing what’s best.

I need to write a good industrial strength stock keeping program for manufacturing parts with automatic ordering, order tracking and receiving, that can handle multiple warehouses and special contracts (automatically increase stock minimum for the parts required for a contract and decrease them back to “normal” as the contract get finished and goods delivered). Application is stock for kitchen cabinet manufacturing.

Does anyone have a good basis for this with the possibility on giving me some support while I make a few modifications? I don’t mind paying for good service, but I need a good industrial strength.

Thanks,

Stefan

Outcomes