AnsweredAssumed Answered

email campaign

Question asked by ptpowell on Nov 26, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 29, 2011 by ptpowell

Hi there,

I am relatively new to file maker, I have been sniffing around the FMP 10 for about 3 yrs, one of my first forrays ended saddly when the networked datatabase got corrupted somehow.

But now, I have a new project,

I am trying to set up an email campaign manager/workhorse for my wife who is beginning a public speaking career.

I have the email campaign template but need to modify it to suit her.

Here is what I am trying to do, I don't even know if it is possible....

She speaks and has a 30 day follow up which is email based. We can see that as she gets busier this could become a challenge, as this is done manually at the moment from an excel spreadsheet.

So I am wondering if we can build a group for each speaking opportunity (she speaks to various sized groups 10 - 80) and have a corresponding list of 30 email templates that are sent to that group 1 per day for the next 30 days

the 30 templates would be the same for each speaking opportunity group.

as we hope that she would get busier, this would mean that say there is a group created each week, emails would be sent beginning from template "day1" consecutively for each group starting from the monday after each seminar. So in one month there could be, say, 4 different groups being emailed at different stages.

Any suggestions or ideas gratefully recieved, Thank you in advance, Philip

Outcomes