AnsweredAssumed Answered

Filtering Portal to Reduce for Selected Items

Question asked by alas on Nov 27, 2011
Latest reply on Nov 30, 2011 by alas

I am building a database where people have to select certain attributes for an item. For example, in the attached image, the user has to select geographic regions from the right and have them put into the portal on the left.

Screen Shot 2011-11-27 at 10.21.16 AM.png

They can click the arrow on the left of the right portal and it gets added to the empty line of the portal.

I would like for a way to identify for a user if the item in the right portal has already been assigned to the left portal. One idea I had (preference) would be for the portal on the right side to reduce when an item is selected so it no longer appears on the right portal (unless the person subsequently clicks the X to delete the portal row on the left portal, thus removing that item from the selected list).

Is there a way to do this?

If not, is there a way, perhaps, to add an icon or X or something to the right portal rows when an item is selected so it can be identified as already included. I want to accomplish 2 things (1) avoid duplicates in the left portal and (2) help the user make sure they don't miss one without having to manually look at both lists and compare them).

Thoughts greatly appreciated.

Andrew.

Message was edited by: alas forgot to add the screen shot. here it is.

Outcomes