2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2011 9:20 AM by jac

Creating a report of used IP-Addresses

jac

Hi!

I'm pretty new to FM11Pro, watched some Video Tutorials at Lynda and created my 1st database to manage IT-inventory. One table has fields like manufacturer, type, invoice date, ... and used IP-Address.

To get an overview of used IP-Addresses I created a new layout (table view), and moved my field IP-Address to it. Now I do have a table that shows IP-Addresses. But as I've entered e.g. TFT's, Docking Stations, ... too where the IP-Address field is empty, these are displayed, too (with empty fields). I'd rather have a list *only* showing the fields where a value in IP-Address have been entered.

How can this be done?

(Btw, I've entered IP-Adresses in text-format like 192.168.022.086) to sort them correctly).

Thanks in advence,

jac

• 1. Re: Creating a report of used IP-Addresses
          ErikWegweiser

Hi, Jac:

However you currently arrive at a found set of records of inventory items, when you are in this table view layout, you only want to see those that have an IP address, correct?

You need to omit those that have no IP address somehow. That's the basic idea, but there are a variety of ways, depending on what you want to happen and when.

You can create a search script, for instance, executed when clicking a find button on that layout), to add an "omit" request specifying an empty IP address field (= symbol).

You could also make this an automatic script, constraining the found set by omitting those with empty IP address, triggered whenever you switch to this layout.

Etc.

------------------------------------------------

Erik Wegweiser

Intelligent Database

Boston, MA

http://intelligentdb.com

• 2. Re: Creating a report of used IP-Addresses
            jac

Thanks a lot!