4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2011 4:41 PM by Greg

Subscription Renewal

Greg

I have been trying for 2 days to renew my Tech Net Membership [now Developer Community] bur have been unable. I have followed the renewal links in the emails I have received and they take me to the Overview Page but I can not find the suggested Renew link.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

greg

• 1. Re: Subscription Renewal
          CarstenLevin

Maybe there is a new renewal policy for the forum etc. Since we can invite people in who do not have a technet membership.

• 2. Re: Subscription Renewal
            sporobolus

on 2011-11-30 07:14 Greg wrote

I have been trying for 2 days to renew my Tech Net Membership bur have been unable.  I have followed the renewal links in the emails I have received and they take me to the Overview Page but I can not find the suggested Renew link.

here's a document that implies you might see an "renew" option where the

graphic shows the "upgrade" option;

<https://fmdev.filemaker.com/docs/DOC-1130>

i am not in a position of needing to renew, so i don't know what you'll see;

that document should be updated to discuss renewals

• 3. Re: Subscription Renewal
              RayCologon

Hi Greg,

Your renewal reminder emails presumably pre-date the launch of the new and *free* TechNet. Mine were the same. Now that TechNet is free, there is no longer any need to renew - your membership is permanent unless you choose to end it (using the radio buttons at the bottom of the Edit Profile screen in the My Profile tab).

What *can* be renewed (if it is about to expire) is your FileMaker Developer Subscription and/or your FBA Membership. If either is current but about to expire, you should have renewal links associated with their icons in the "My Status" panel at the top left of the Overview tab.

Regards,

Ray

------------------------------------------------

R J Cologon, Ph.D.

FileMaker Certified Developer

Author, FileMaker Pro 10 Bible

NightWing Enterprises, Melbourne, Australia

http://www.nightwingenterprises.com

------------------------------------------------

• 4. Re: Subscription Renewal
                Greg

Thank You Sir for taking the time to respond to my question.

In the Renewal emails I received I was directed to the Overview setion of the new site however the suggested links mentioned did not exist on the Overview page but were links I remember from the old Tech Net site..  So I believe you are right in that the renewal process has not been updated.

I chose the "Upgrade" link and after completing the required data entry and paying the fee I received a confirmation email thanking me for "renewing" my membership.

Perhaps at some pioint they will update the processes required for renewal.

Again Thanks,

greg