1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 4:50 AM by BenHutson

Admin Console problems

BenHutson

Hi all,

As you can see this is my first post, apologies if it's the wrong section or repeated info, although I did have a look around.

We've successfully been running FileMaker Server Advanced Console (11.0.3.309) on a Windows Server 2008 for some time with users on the network using the Admin Console from a Mac OS X (10.6.8) and Windows 7 PC. Both have the latest update of Java, on the mac that is 'Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5'.

I came recently to use the Admin Console from a different Mac (same operating system as above though) and I recieve the 'Admin Server Connection Error' message, then tried this on a different Windows 7 PC and recieved the same error mesage. I then tried to run the Admin Console from my brand new Mac OS X 10.7.2 and it also failed to launch with same error, I don't have any software on it except the updates for Java which is 'Java for Mac OS X 10.7 Update 1'.

The PC and Mac I mentioned initially are still running the admin console fine. There are no restrictions in the FM Server configuration which restrict IP addresses. I should also mention the Mac's in question have FireWalls disabled, so all ports open by default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Admin Console problems
          BenHutson

Hi all,

After several hours I have found the solution to the problem, so I'll post here in-case this helps anyone else as it took me hours!

Although I already had ports 16000, and 16001 open on the server and a Mac OS X and Windows 7 PC were accessing it fine - to allow me to connect any other computers on the network I had to do the following on the server:

Allow access to Ports 16000 - 16018