BenHutson

Admin Console problems

Discussion created by BenHutson on Dec 1, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2011 by BenHutson

Hi all,

As you can see this is my first post, apologies if it's the wrong section or repeated info, although I did have a look around.

We've successfully been running FileMaker Server Advanced Console (11.0.3.309) on a Windows Server 2008 for some time with users on the network using the Admin Console from a Mac OS X (10.6.8) and Windows 7 PC. Both have the latest update of Java, on the mac that is 'Java for Mac OS X 10.6 Update 5'.

I came recently to use the Admin Console from a different Mac (same operating system as above though) and I recieve the 'Admin Server Connection Error' message, then tried this on a different Windows 7 PC and recieved the same error mesage. I then tried to run the Admin Console from my brand new Mac OS X 10.7.2 and it also failed to launch with same error, I don't have any software on it except the updates for Java which is 'Java for Mac OS X 10.7 Update 1'.

The PC and Mac I mentioned initially are still running the admin console fine. There are no restrictions in the FM Server configuration which restrict IP addresses. I should also mention the Mac's in question have FireWalls disabled, so all ports open by default.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Outcomes