Keri, welcome to the community.
I believe we should work together in building a data model that fit your needs. Sometimes you need to forget the way ACT worked and re-think your solution on a FileMaker11 mind.
IMHO I'll only have:
- Just one database with the required tables. (12DBs sounds like A LOT!)
- I'll have a table named events another one named guests another events_guests and later one named dates
- Table Dates will only have ONE record with a global field (the date)
- Events will have _pk_eventID ; Date; Comment
- Guest will have _pk_guestID; Name; Last Name
- events_guests will have _fk_eventID; _fk_guestID
Don't worry if the things I'm writing you sounds like ALIEN ; if you need , during the next days I can write a simple solution with this criteria.