5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2013 10:00 AM by DonClark

(Redux) The maximum number of licensed users are currently using this copy of FM Pro.

StephenWonfor

Hi

This topic has been discussed a lot over the years but I thought I would add an update as I ran into it today and sorted the problem out.

We just deployed FMS11 as a new server replacing a venerable FMS 9 server (OSX 10.5.8).

I copied over 60 databases - 57 from the clients old system and 3 from the new replacement one I built for them - they like to see the old stuff.

I work on the system inhouse and also over the WAN.

I had a number of external file references from the new file into the old system in this form:

fmnet:/192.168.1.104/ProductionCalendar_v2.fp7 //inhouse

fmnet:/67.18.2.32/ProductionCalendar_v2.fp7 //outhouse

I think I thought I was being clever there - if FMS can't find the local db I imagined it would look for the same db over the WAN.

Anyway, today with FMS 11 I kept getting that "maximum number..." error when I left the new database and went to an old database to refresh some of the data I missed during migration.

After some gnashing of teeth it occured to me to look at the external file refs. Removed all the WAN references.

Problem solved.

Stephen

---

"It is impossible to be a mathematician without being a poet in soul." - Sofia Kovalevskaya