AnsweredAssumed Answered

forward and back arrows are grayed out

Question asked by patgo on Dec 13, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 by LyndsayHowarth

I have 2 questions, one about the find function arrows and the other about finding a developer for a dedicated pricing program, for screenprinting garments.

Apologies in advance if I am in the wrong place, as I am wanting to locate a developer to help with a solution.

I have filemaker Pro 9, 11, and FileMaker Pro Advanced.

I have been working in version 9, but for Lion compatibility, I want now to use FLMP 11 for pricing program, but right away there is a problem, the back and forward find buttons are greyed out, so that I can not navigate.

I read the message about creating shortcuts where it says: Next and previous menu items are in the Records>Go to Record sub menu.

I am not sure of the terminology, but I am using a dedicated program for pricing screenprinted garments, and I think the creators have somehow blocked certain functions in it. There is no "Records>Go to Record" sub menu anywhere in that stand alone solution.

The creators are not available for help, and there is no upgrade path for me through them; and in fact they have gone to a subscription venue, which is totally unacceptable to me.

So really, I am mostly wanting to contact a developer who might help to develope my own solution, based on the general model of the dedicated pricing program, or failing that, some guidance along the way, as I try to do it myself. This would not be copying the original solution in any way, but there are certain requirements in the forms that would have to be similar, as they are necessary for proper functioning.

Thank you,

Patgo

Outcomes