AnsweredAssumed Answered

Dynamics sorting of value list

Question asked by Bsabowitz on Dec 22, 2011
Latest reply on Dec 28, 2011 by datastride

Hi all,

I've been working no this for a few days and don't seem to be getting anywhere. I am developing a solution to use as an electronic medical record for my personal medical practice. I have a table (ICD9 table) that contains over 1400 diagnoses with associated diagnostic codes (called icd - 9 codes, thus the name of the table). This table is related to a table that contains individual patient records (PATIENTS) through a join table that contains diagnoses (DIAGNOSES) for a given patient. I have a layout that is based on the join table in which I add a diagnosis for a given patient. I want to have a pull down menu based on a value list that lets me select a diagnosis from those in the ICD9 table. That part is easy and works great. What I want to do, however, is track how often I choose a given diagnosis (for example 'high blood pressure') and have the value list sorted with the most common diagnosis at the top, followed by the next most common diagnosis, etc. Over time, I want to have this list continue to self sort based on the frequency of the given diagnoses.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian Sabowitz

Outcomes