2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 25, 2011 9:05 PM by rabo

Look up

rabo

I would like to have a Look-up of the related table. What do i have to do that when i enter the related field the list of records would be shown to chose.

I tried to find it out on the Event Template and i can not see why it is working there? ...am i blind or is it just to early

Thanks,

Borut

• 1. Re: Look up

rabo wrote:

I would like to have a Look-up of the related table. What do i have to do that when i enter the related field the list of records would be shown to chose.

Borut

Hi,

If you 'enter a related field' and want a 'list of records to be shown' to choose, it sounds like you want a value list.  For example, if you want to assign your related record (let's call it Invoices) to a customer then your Invoices table should have a CustomerID field.  To this field, you attach a value list in Inspector > Data tab and Control Style.  Change it from edit box to pop-up menu then select  the CustomerID value list. 

If you need to create a CustomerID value list then select New and name it Customer IDs and select 'use values from field'.  In the top left pop-up, select your Customers table and below select the CustomerID (your unique, auto-entered serial number you should create in every table) and then on right, check 'also show values from' and select your Customer Name.  Then below, check 'show values only from second field'.  Now when you open that pop-up, it will provide a list of your customers.  Selecting a customer will insert their CustomerID into the field but display the customer's name. 

Value Lists can also be found by selecting File > Manage > Value Lists.  If this is not what you need then please provide more information as to your need.

LaRetta

• 2. Re: Look up
            rabo

Thank you, that is exactly what i was looking for.

Borut