7 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2014 12:30 AM by binarydog

Technical Resource Library Question

RonSmithMD

What does it take to get something submitted to the Technical Resource Library actually published? Most of the pubs there are mainly by one person? Do you have to pay to publish? Seems like just advertising mainly one company since the last pubs were 4 months ago?

I have some good stuff that I submitted but no tomato. I have created documents also for those things, but that is harder to follow and find than the Technical ResourceLlibrary.

Ron Smith M.D.

PaperCutPro

• 1. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
          tech_liaison

Have patience Ron. I received your submissions, but we have a bit of a backlog of submissions that we didn't release because the previous Tech ResLib wasn't an ideal distribution mechanism. We're also in the middle of a holiday shutdown right now, so we'll get to yours ASAP in the new year. Have a happy one!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
            tech_liaison

I'm hoping to do an update after we complete the DevCon speaker selection. Sorry for the delay.

• 3. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
              tech_liaison

I added items in February and May, so as promised, it was after I had completed the DevCon speaker selection process. I always include ResLib updates in the TechNet newsletter, although we had to skip some newsletters last year, so the new ResLib additions were discussed in the May newsletter. Currently I have only one new submission for consideration which I'm planning to add in November. After that, I have no new submissions so there may be a dry spell until someone decides to share something with the community via the ResLib.

Best,

Dave

• 4. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
                tech_liaison

No, the ResLib is now completely hosted here within the community. Your link to "the submission file" is actually it. If you scroll down, you'll see an index of everything that was formerly only available in the downloadable version. No need to download everything any longer; just click an entry title to view the details and download only that item if you choose.

Regarding the newsletter, you're in Germany, correct? Our German office is responsible for localizing the newsletter into German and sending it out to our German members. It's a small team, so if the US newsletter doesn't contain much information that they feel is relevant to German members, then they may sometimes choose not to localize the newsletter. You can always find the US versions of the newsletter here in TechNet. HTH.

Best,

Dave

• 5. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
                  binarydog

I have found this article when searching for the Technical Resource Library Database.

Too bad that there is no longer this handy database. Is the online ResLib searchable by fm-version, creation date or content somehow?

Matts

• 6. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
                    steveromig

binarydog wrote:

I have found this article when searching for the Technical Resource Library Database.

Too bad that there is no longer this handy database. Is the online ResLib searchable by fm-version, creation date or content somehow?

Matts

Matts -

If you perform a site search using the search box in the upper right hand corner it will pull results from the Technical Resource Library as well.

You can also try searching with tags to find versions but they are not universally used so it might not provide accurate results.

As for searching by date - you can't really search by date but you can sort the results by date (among other criteria) by selecting the SORT BY pulldown after you have performed a find.  You will also be able to filter even further by specify, for example, items in the last month or year.

Steve Romig

FileMaker, Inc.

• 7. Re: Technical Resource Library Question
                      binarydog

Ok you're right. If you look only in the documents after searching, then it works quite well.

Thanks a lot Steve!

Matts