3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 30, 2011 12:22 PM by cgabby

Filemaker Script Schedule Errors

user12569

I am trying to run a filemaker script from FMS Advanced 11. I get the following two emails every time and the script is not successful. I have checked the 'Run script with full privleges box. I have triple checked that the username of admin has full rights to everything possible. The script is simple, it looks like this:

Import Records [No dialog; "FMfile.fp7";Add; Mac Roman]

The Data source is itself as file:FMfile.fp7

The import order is specified and it works perfectly if I open the file and tap on the button attached to the script, but the automated scheduler version fails every time.

Thoughts?

I am having a surprisingly difficult time resolving what appears to be a simple rights issue.

Thanks much in advance.

==========================================================================================

FileMaker Server 11.0.3.309 on SoftPoint Development reported the following event:

2011-12-30 08:35:25.964 -0700 Warning 661 SoftPoint Development Client "JW (JW’s Mac Pro) [10.37.129.2]" authentication failed on database "StockTracker.fp7" using "Admin [fmapp]".

==========================================================================================

FileMaker Server 11.0.3.309 on SoftPoint Development reported the following event:

2011-12-30 08:38:03.840 -0700 Information 644 SoftPoint Development Schedule "StockUpdater" completed; last scripting error (100).

• 1. Re: Filemaker Script Schedule Errors
          CarstenLevin

This might be helpfull for you .... or not, but a known repeatable problem causes scripts, that should work as scheduled serverscripts, to fail.

If your script sequence involves more than one file and if they are not placed in the same folder on the server the script will fail.

But if this is not the case I can give you another hint: We had a server scripts not working (faling with authentication errors). We then tried the same script (the scriptelements but not the entire script) copied to a clean file ... and then it worked. Then we deleted the script from the actual file and made a new one ... and now it worked.

The file in question had never crashed, had not been recovered etc.etc. But I assume that some internal damaga must have occurred.

Best regards

Carsten

• 2. Re: Filemaker Script Schedule Errors

Import Records [No dialog; "FMfile.fp7";Add; Mac Roman]

The Data source is itself as file:FMfile.fp7

The error code 100 is file missing.  How can itself be missing?  If you open that script and below left, select 'Server' in the pop-up then go to the Import script, has it grayed out?  It would not gray out (according to the validity of the target) in 9 (and possibly 10) but it was fixed, AFAIK, in vs. 11. 

Also look at your file references then check the file reference of the table occurrence (hover at the upper left arrow of your table occurrence).  If itself is missing, Carsten might be right about corruption.  Might it also be communication error between the client (server script) and server? 

• 3. Re: Filemaker Script Schedule Errors
              cgabby

a script running, on FileMaker server, you can not import from a FileMaker file. try to use an Excel file to import from.

If you look at this article it will give you the file types it can import.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7035/p/879,908

Chris Gabbert

Steve Wilmes Consulting, Inc.