1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 12:54 AM by psijmons

Unrelated Tables

thespotzone

I'm overhauling my company project database and I started with the Event Management template. There were several pre-designed features that I liked, including the ability to add notes.

Under the layout "Record Detail Events" there are several tabs under the main "Events" tab. My goal is to rename the "Gifts" tab and add a notes field here. The new name for the "Gifts" tab will be "Video Shoot Info".

Under Database Management there is a Notes table by default. I created a 2nd Notes table (NotesVideoShoot).

I can't figure out how to get the notes to work on the "Video Shoot Info" tab.

Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached two screen shots so you can at least see what the layouts look like.

• 1. Re: Unrelated Tables
          psijmons

In the relation diagram, make sure that when you connect the 2 tables, the checkbox is marked that allows the creation of notes in the NotesVideoShoot table.

FileMaker is now "primed" to start creating records without the New Record command or via scripts.

Once you have this checked, any entry in the Notes field will actually create a new record.

Screen shot 2012-01-10 at 09.52.00.jpg