2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 2:32 PM by geeksharka

FMS11, Backup Speed Issues

geeksharka

Greetings all,

One of my clients is running a fairly large Filemaker ERP solution on a dedicated machine on their office LAN. We recently moved them from FMS9 to FMS11, and all is working well, including their attached CWP site(s). Their system is used 24/7 by anywhere from 3 to 8 people at a time. No other specs where changed at all during that process.

All is well, except that their hourly scheduled backup has gone from taking around 1-2 minutes, to around 4-5 minutes each time -- causing a noticeable drag on the users experience whilst running the backup.

My question is, has anyone else noticed any backup slowdowns after upgrading to FMS11? I'm guessing not, but just wanted to throw that out there before I start down other paths.

Many thanks -- all feedback is appreciated.

• 1. Re: FMS11, Backup Speed Issues
          databuzz

Hi Dirk,

For the hourly scheduled backup have you enabled the "Verify backup integrity" option? This could be one of the reasons why backups are slower than under FMS v9. If you have enabled this option you could disable it for the hourly backup and enable it for an after hours backup when it will not slow down the users access to the system.

HTH,

Andrew

FileMaker 8/9/10/11 Certified Developer

Databuzz

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Phone: +61 2 9484 6565

Mobile: +61 418 468 103

Email: andrew@databuzz.com.au

Web: www.databuzz.com.au

• 2. Re: FMS11, Backup Speed Issues
            geeksharka

Hey Databuzz,

Sure enough -- wow. Rookie mistake. I'm sure their hourlies will go quicker now. I kept the staggered daily backup on Verify.

Many thanks.