3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 18, 2012 10:00 AM by DickHoning

FS11 on Lion - Warning 30 Client nog longer responding; connection closed

DickHoning

Hi there,

just move a FileMaker Server form a MacMini running Snow Leopard Server with FS10 to a brand new MacMini running the latest version of Lion with FS11v4.

Since the move a few user are regularely thrown out with the message 'Communication with the host was interrupted...'.

The FS Event.log shows warning no.'s 30 Client <Client's Computer Name> no longer responding; connection closed.

I checked the Energy Settings and there were set to not go to sleep.

Any ideas and or suggestions ?

Thanks in advance and best regads - Dick Honing / ecOrganizer

• 1. Re: FS11 on Lion - Warning 30 Client nog longer responding; connection closed
          techt

I've seen this as well, but I haven't found any solid cause. In a few instances, the client's ISP is to blame. About two weeks ago, it was mine. Check for other network outages (email or browser) not functioning.

How much RAM do you have in the mini? Does the drop occur during a time machine backup, either the server or some other computer backing up to it? Are the FMS backups triggering the problem?

These are some of the items I've tried to check, but as it's very intermittent, I haven't been able to pin it down yet.

HTH,

TT

• 2. Re: FS11 on Lion - Warning 30 Client nog longer responding; connection closed
            Stephen Huston

Hi Dick,

Be sure both the server and all clients are set to never let their disks sleep.

How is these connections made: Ethernet, WiFi, 3/4G or ? WiFi's seem to often drop out for reasons of their own.... and 3/4G connections AKK!

Does your server have a dynamic or permanent IP address?

Are there any things in common about the clients that drop off as opposed to those who are OK? Hardware, OS version, etc?

Just fishing for ideas.

• 3. Re: FS11 on Lion - Warning 30 Client nog longer responding; connection closed
              DickHoning

Hi there,

correction: turned out to be some kind of telnet session that was running from a machine with the same fixed IP number :-|

---

thanks for your suggestions. It looks like we've found the problem; clients with FileMaker Pro 10 on OS X 10.7 in combination with FileMaker Server 11 on OS X 10.7. These clients where working just fine with FileMaker Server 10 on OS X 10.6. Updating the clients with Lion to FileMaker Pro 11 solved the problems. Very strange !?

best regards - Dick