1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. Sort the field you want to make a static value list out of.
2. Choose Export as an Excel file.
3. Select YourField in "Group by" and export only YourField.
4. Open the exported file in Excel and copy the data.
5. Create a Value List as normal.
Thanks much! This is exactly what I was looking for. The fact that the value list automatically updates as new values are entered is a bonus. I appreciate your prompt reply.
Thanks so much... this is what I ultimately used to create a list, but I was looking for the solution posted above that allows FMP to create the list automatically from within the Filemaker application. Thanks for your solution.