AnsweredAssumed Answered

Web Viewer Browser Version

Question asked by wade.neff on Jan 12, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 by wade.neff

Hi Folks:

Thanks for being here and bearing with a new user to the forums. I have searched all over the place online, but I can't seem to find anyone else having the same problem as me. I find that a little hard to believe though. Here is the gist.

First the details - Filemaker server 11, Filemaker clients are all 11 for Windows. OS on all clients is WIndows 7 that are running IE 8 as the browser.

I use FMP to interact with a Production Management system for a printing company. That system is web-based, sql. I do not use FMP to interact directly with the SQL system, but I pull data out of the SQL system and use FMP to process reports and organize the data. I have a few layouts where I actually have a web viewer in place on the layout so I can refer to info directly in the databse in real time.

Recently the SQL system underwent an upgrade and ever since then I get errors from the SQL system in all of my web viewers saying I need to upgrade my browser to Internet Explorer 8.x, Firefox 3.x, Safari 4.x or Google Chrome 4.x. The pages are still viewable but where everything previously was right in the web viewer formatted nicely, now I have this warning that takes up several inches of screen real estate and several elements (mostly floating elements) are all our of whack.

So the questions are as follows:

• FMP 11 uses it's own internal browser based on Internet Explorer, correct?
  • What version of IE, is it?
  • Is it possible to upgrade this in some way so I can have better rendering of my pages and lose the warning?
  • Is there a way to tell it to use a different browser as the basis for the web viewer?

Any help or clarification would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Outcomes