AnsweredAssumed Answered

FILEMAKER PRO 11.2 ADV

Question asked by norman926 on Jan 12, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 by norman926

Thank you for your responses and now i have another question...

I want to set up FM Pro 11.2 Adv on a server in my doctors office. I loaded FileMaker Server and then on each of his three computers I installed FM Pro 11.2 (different ser. #s) clicked on share file and did all the steps as per instructions and guess what it doesn't work.

What we want to do is to enable the doctor to click on a patients record (stored in his pc) open it and write notes while at the same time his nurse wants to enter the lab test results on a different page but the same patient and here is where it breaks down, It won't allow him to do that. Only one person can access the file at a time. I was told by someone at FM that it can be done and then i spoke to several upper knowledgable techs that say that FM has problems doing what I ask.

If it can be done i need someone to prove it to me and show me how it is done . We are in the Aventura area of S. Florida and if there is any FM tech in the area please contact me at the number or email below and we can schedule an appt and you can show me that it can be done. We haven't found anyone yet that can do it...

Oh we are not using the runtime as told to us by several FM forum Guru's .. Thanks in advance.. Norman

Norman 305-936-90128 or norman@sgmscorp.com

Outcomes