0 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2012 3:22 AM by disabled_albummaker

Relationships and Portals

My collection was on Microsoft Access, which I designed, comprised of 3 sections all interlinked as shown: -

1. Artists - Artist ID No (automatically Increased with new one), First Name, Second Name, Group Name, Music Category
      2. Album List - Recording ID (automatically increased with each new one), Album Title, Year Released, Format (CD, Cassette, Record, Download), Linked to Artist ID
      3. Tracks - Track ID (automatically increased with each new one), Track No, Track Title, Track Length (in 00:00:00 format), Linked to Recording ID

Input was via one screen incorporating the above.Reports were made for: -

• Artists - showing details as per Item 1
      • Album List - showing Artist ID, First Name, Second Name, Group Name, Album Title, Format
      • Tracks - showing Artist ID, First Name, Second Name, Group Name, Album Title, Format,Track Title Length (in 00:00:00)
      • Fixed Time Track Query using 00:00:00 (say 00:05:10) - showing First Name, Second Name, Group Name, Album Title, Format,Track No, Track Title, Track Length (in 00:00:00)
      • Varied Time Track Query using 00:04:50 on one query then followed by 00:04:55 - showing First Name, Second Name, Group Name, Album Title, Format,Track No, Track Title, Track Length (in 00:00:00).

I have been able to transfer the information as shown in Nos. 1, 2 and 3 with the auto numbering where necessary. The relationships have been connected - Artist ID (in No 1) in to Artist ID (in No 2) then Recording ID (in No 2) to Recording (ID in No 3).

So far so good as they say.

Where I am stuck is: -

Creating the single input for all the album information and the reports. The track times are used for when creating AV Shows with digital images to ensure the track length, images, sound effects and spoken word all fit.

So near yet so far as they say.

Any assistance would be much appreciated, if you require more information just let me know.