4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2012 2:15 AM by LyndsayHowarth

Repeated values in a field

bobrecker

How do I configure a field to carryover a value into the next record until I change it again? This is for repetitive data entry.

• 1. Re: Repeated values in a field

On the field (in field definitions), go to Options and Auto-Enter tab.  Select 'Value from last visited record.'  :^)

• 2. Re: Repeated values in a field
            bobrecker

Excellent! thank You

Sent from my iPad

• 3. Re: Repeated values in a field
              beverly

TIPS:

There's also the "ditto" keyboard short cut. On Mac it's command+" (double quote). I don't see it in the help, but know it works! If you are in a record and create a new one, you can tab through the fields and:

enter data

enter from index

"ditto" from the last record (same field).

I find this is helpful for limited copy.

Also, sometimes a duplicate (record) and just change the fields that need to be different if there are many fields to duplicate.

HTH,

Beverly Voth

• 4. Re: Repeated values in a field
                LyndsayHowarth

Hi Beverly,

command+apostrophe or command+footmark or whatever you want to call that mark...

If it were command+" it would require the shift key as well ;-)

I know like me you just do it without thinking... and have done for many years...

The one they changed for me was command+tab or command+shift+tab to go to next and previous records.... they replaced it with the control+ (down or up arrow). I rarely use it any more since it was changed.... I just can't... I tried.

- Lyndsay