3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 20, 2012 2:09 PM by naustghoul

Button fill options:

naustghoul

Is there a way to turn the fill options for a button off? In other words, make the button transparent. I am using FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 for reference sake.

• 1. Re: Button fill options:
          hschlossberg

I'm guessing you've tried selecting your button and then using Inspector's 'fill' button to set it to transparent and that didn't work?

• 2. Re: Button fill options:
            Stephen Huston

For full transparency, be sure to set the fill pattern to the clear option (next to the solid fill option; may just look white/outline) and then do not again select a color. Choosing a color after sometimes resets it to solid fill.

Also set the borders to none and be sure that all options for embossed/engraved/drop-shadow/etc are set to none.

At that point only the text, if any should appear.( I always include at least a space character as text so the object doesn't disappear from the layout it was created as a text block.) You can create these with either the button or text tools.

• 3. Re: Button fill options:
              naustghoul

So new to this I did not even check the second box to the coloration setting. I thought it would be more editing options, but no idea that they had that in there.