8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 9:36 PM by AlexBassin

WEb service

gfiamma

qualcuno potrebbe suggerire quale possa essere la via migliore per impostare un WEB SERVICE su un database di filemaker?

• 1. Re: WEb service
          jerrysalem

If you want to create a web service, then I would recomend using 360works.com WebServices Manager.

I used this to create a web service to integrate FMP and SalesForce.

Working with the SalesForce developer I created a web service that is called from SalesForce to grab info from the FileMaker database.

It was fairly straightforward.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: WEb service
            gfiamma

caro amico, grazie per la tua sollecita risposta. il mio problema è che non so come si usa 360works e se è in grado di inviare record di filemaker in modalità criptata utilizzando dei WSDL forniti dall' INPS e in linguaggio SOAP. Le spiego, noi medici di medicina generale abbiamo l' obbligo di trasmettere le certificazioni di malattia per via telematica all' INPS. Lei può darmi delle istruzioni dettagliate su come impostare questo servizio?

• 3. Re: WEb service
              jerrysalem

gfiamma

the instructions are very well thought out on the 360works web site.  you should check those out.

Basically it works like this.

Turn on the web publishing engine, and place a special php file in the root web directory.

Run a provided filemaker file.

In this file you create a record that contains the name of the database that you want to expose using a WS and the script you want to run and any parameters.

Give your Web Service a name.

Calling your Web Service from another program, will let the user access the script you define using the parameters given.

For example, I created a web service that returns information from a record and some related data.  The person calls the WS, the parameter is a ID value.  The returned value is XML containing the field names and values defined by the web service.

Another example could be creating records in your database.

Jerry

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: WEb service
                gfiamma

dear Jerry, unfortunately I am not able to develop a WEB Service, for two reasons: I am a doctor in medicine and work every day about 10 hours and I have not the technical bases for WEB SERVICE. In this moment I am using a DataBase of FileMaker for clinical government of my patients in local network. If I send you a simple DataBase for medical certificate, could you set up a WEB SERVICE?

Thank you for your attention

Il giorno 20/gen/2012, alle ore 13:36, jerrysalem ha scritto:

creato da jerrysalem in Advanced Discussion - Visualizza la discussione completa

gfiamma

the instructions are very well thought out on the 360works web site.  you should check those out.

Basically it works like this.

Turn on the web publishing engine, and place a special php file in the root web directory.

Run a provided filemaker file.

In this file you create a record that contains the name of the database that you want to expose using a WS and the script you want to run and any parameters.

Give your Web Service a name.

Calling your Web Service from another program, will let the user access the script you define using the parameters given.

For example, I created a web service that returns information from a record and some related data.  The person calls the WS, the parameter is a ID value.  The returned value is XML containing the field names and values defined by the web service.

Another example could be creating records in your database.

Jerry

Per rispondere a tale utente, rispondi a questo messaggio e-mail -o- accedi al messaggio su FileMaker Technical Network

Avvia una nuova discussione in Advanced Discussion per e-mail o in FileMaker Technical Network

Gestisci le tue preferenze email.

FileMaker Developer Conference 2012 • Miami, Florida • July 16-19 • www.filemaker.com/devcon

• 5. Re: WEb service
                  LyndsayHowarth

I'm wondering if it actually a Web Service you need.

Do you have FileMaker Server or Server Advanced or just FileMaker Pro?

Who needs to access the database... how many doctors? How many reception and clerical staff?

If you would like to see a patient management system with both Web and FileMaker access in action, send me an email privately and I can set up a demo and discuss your specific needs.

- Lyndsay

• 6. Re: WEb service
                    AlexBassin

Jerry,

We have a similar project do you mind sharing the contact of the Salesforce developer with me so we can collaborate with him on our Salesforce Integration project?

• 7. Re: WEb service
                      jerrysalem

I didn't use an official Salesforce developer, it was some in house person.

If you need a SalesForce developer, reply back to me.  We have 2 certified SF developers here at ITSolutions!

Jerry

• 8. Re: WEb service
                        AlexBassin

Thanks. I will reach out to you once we get going