1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2012 10:50 PM by LyndsayHowarth

Blocking FILEMAKER POP UPS

fiddy

Hope someone can assist me with the following problem.

I have designed a web site with I web that is used to display pictures of equipment for sale. In this web site I linked a Filemaker data base which shows the equipment as a list where the potential purchased can do finds and sorts to find exact pieces of equipment. The data base is IWP as the user will not have a copy of filemaker. The data base is in my server which is a Mac Mini server with a Static IP address. All of this works great as I can move easily between them except when I try to go from the server back to the web site I get a note which says you need to remove the “Block Pop up on the Browser.” This is a problem as most of the users do not know how to do this. Presently I am using the standard script in Filemaker 11, “Open URL “ Is there any way to go from the Data base , back to the web site without requiring using pop up windows.

• 1. Re: Blocking FILEMAKER POP UPS
          LyndsayHowarth

HI Fiddy,

By default, OPEN URL opens a new... popup window. The only way to allow this is to change the browser settings to allow for popups.

I have a few ideas about how you might achieve what you need to do...  but haven't got a lot of time just now.

You could try creating a little webviewer with an html page that has a button on it with a link with the web site address with the target="_parent".

_ LYndsay