1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 25, 2012 1:52 PM by disabled_JohnWolff

iPad POS solution

carlo.m

I'm thinking about creating a POS solution for a restaurant based on FMGO using an iPad as a cash register. I'm stuck on how to print and open the cash drawer. Any Ideas?

• 1. Re: iPad POS solution

Hi Carlo,

On the basis of my enquiries to date, I suspect you will need to find a receipt printer with a wireless or bluetooth interface that also has the port for connecting a cash drawer to make it open.

There are other some protocols such as the AirPrint interface and other Printing Apps from the AppStore that will drive a networked printer. But whether any of them work with a receipt printer is the challenge.

Our office supply rep told me about an Epson TMT88V receipt printer that has a wireless interface but it was far too expensive for our proposed applicaton.

There is also a range of Intermec Mobile receipt printers that might work but I doubt that any have the interface for opening the cash drawer.

I suspect there will be more printers in the near future that can meet our requirements.

I hope this helps a little.

John