Malcolm

Controlling Toolbar behaviour

Discussion created by Malcolm on Jan 30, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 24, 2013 by Malcolm

I'm noticing a problem with the toolbar in FMGo on the iPad. I wonder if it deserves to be called a bug or several bugs.

I have a layout which is considerably smaller than the iPad screen.

Objects stretch to fill the screen area.

Toolbars are accessible but hidden by default.

Areas at the top and the bottom of the screen are designed to be user button strips.

When I enter a field the keyboard and the toolbar appears. The layout moves up so that the top of the field is at the top of the screen. The top button strip is hidden. The bottom button strip is hidden.

When I hide the keyboard using the keyboard docking button the toolbar remains on the screen. The toolbar overlays the bottom of the layout. The layout moves down a little but not all the way back. The layout objects that stretch are stretched but the top of the screen containing the buttons are off-screen.

Result: The top and the bottom of the screen are not accessible to the user.

If I go to the tools menu and switch Show Toolbar to ON we get a much better result. The screen is sized to account for the toolbar. The layout still moves up to bring the top of the field to the top of the screen but after editing fields the screen snaps back to the correct position.

Question 1: Should the toolbar appear above the keyboard when entering a field for editing when it was not being displayed prior?

Question 1 a: Should the toolbar remain onscreen when the keyboard has been hidden by the user tapping the keyboard docking button?

Question 1 b: Should the toolbar overlay (obscure) the bottom of the screen when the keyboard has been hidden by the user tapping the keyboard docking button?

Question 1 b: Putting it another way: When the keyboard has been hidden by the user tapping the keyboard docking button, should the screen resize in the same way that it does when "Show Toolbar" is set to ON?

Is anyone else experiencing problems with this?

Outcomes