4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 3:05 PM by worldcloud

DEVCON 2012 registration

HenriFrappier

I am a FBA member and I would like to go at DEVCON 2012 in Miami Florida as a floor visitor. I do not have the intention to assist at any of the activities like conference sessions, lunch, party, free FMPA copy, etc. Just visit the kiosque on the main floor. All I see is two kind of registration. Is there another registration form with lower fee that fits my needs ? Maybe paying right at the door ?

• 1. Re: DEVCON 2012 registration
          techt

I'm not aware that FileMaker has ever offered such a registration. If memory serves, guests of attendees (typically spouses) have been allowed to buy a guest pass ($90 this year) to attend just the welcome reception. The welcome reception, though more casual, has always been a good time for me to catch up with vendors and others.

• 2. Re: DEVCON 2012 registration
            worldcloud

You are correct that many conferences have a 'exhibits only' badge which is much less money than the 'full badge'. FileMaker provides such a badge to the vendors as a part of their 'booth package'. We can purchase extra badges for $799 each.

FileMaker Store TT659LL/A -Additional Exhibitor Only Pass

I would gladly let you buy one of these badges through Worldcloud in exchange for a little help in setting up and tearing down our booth. I can review the 'exhibitor aggreement' to make sure we aren't violating any rules. We have the option of buying discounted full badges, but the notes clearly state that those can only be purchased for 'full-time employee's of the company'; however, I do not see such a note for the exhibitor badge.

I'm pretty sure our badges get us everything except the sessions, bag, and FMPA NFR; so keynote, meals, FBA dinner, party, etc. If you where at Devcon last year, you will know that our booth assembly is a bit rough for two people, so we welcome anyone who may wish to help.

• 3. Re: DEVCON 2012 registration
              cssigi

I would be interested in what the answer was to this from FileMaker if any Joe.

• 4. Re: DEVCON 2012 registration
                worldcloud

The answer I got is that I can buy an exhibitor badge for anyone, but the discounted full conference badges have to be for 'real' employee.