12 Replies Latest reply on Mar 21, 2012 10:56 AM by timwhisenant

Sage 50 Accounts ODBC Error

james.gould

Hi,

We have built a project management solution for one of our clients, which includes recording the job costs and generating monthly invoices as PDFs. They would like us to develop a solution that lets them easily add the data from these invoices into their Sage Accounts.

I have seen that some FileMaker solutions (e.g. http://www.filemaker.co.uk/solutions/customers/stories/unicol-engineering-manufacturing-database/ ) have used ODBC to interact with Sage - but I am yet to find anywhere that gives details regarding the configuration between FileMaker and Sage. I can't even find anywhere specifying version numbers!

I have setup the ODBC data source on the Server as a System DSN and tested it using Excel. However when I attempt to add it as a data source to FileMaker I receive the following error:

odbc_error.jpg

ODBC Error: Cannot find all files in data path

The driver returned invalid (or failed to return)

SQL_DRIVER_ODBC_VER: 18.0

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's

SQL SetConnectAttr failed

[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The driver doesn't

support the version of ODBC behaviour that the

application requested (see SQLSetEnvAttr)

I would be very grateful if somebody knows a solution to this error? (e.g. I've configured it wrong) or can suggest/recommend an alternative solution for to integrate FileMaker with Sage.

SOFTWARE DETAILS:

Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64-Bit)

FileMaker Server Advanced 11 / FileMaker Pro 11v3

Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2012 (18.0.10.208)

Sage ODBC Line 50 v 18

Thanks.