4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 2:23 AM by Bartosz_Liszkowski

Windows Web Server 2008 R2

Bartosz_Liszkowski

I'd like to setup Filemaker Server Advanced 11 on Windows Web Server 2008 R2. I'd like to ask if somebody has expirience with such deployment? Will it Work?

• 1. Re: Windows Web Server 2008 R2
          worldcloud

Yes.... we have run it. Microsoft has changed the way we pay for licensing over the past year, but there was a time when using Wed edition was more cost afective for us than other versions of Windows.... FileMaker Server 11 runs fine, as this is just another variation of Server 2008...

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Windows Web Server 2008 R2
            Bartosz_Liszkowski

Thanks for Your answer.

In fact, I'm trying now to deploy FM Server Advanced on Windows 2008 Server 64bit in Standard version (because of problems with admin server - it couldn't start on web edition - I migrate from web to standard). But problem is the same - admin server could not start. Firewall is off. In log file there are errors saying that Admin Server process is not responding or warnings: Admin Server could not be stopped at this time. Try again later.

Even when I try to manually restart Filemaker Server service - I have message: Windows could not stop the FileMaker Server service..... Error 1053: The service did not respond....

Server is new machine, all patches were installed on clear system, after that FM Server was instaled...

• 3. Re: Windows Web Server 2008 R2
              worldcloud

FileMaker Server 10 would not install properly on a 64 Bit system, and they corrected this in FileMaker Server 11; although FileMaker 11 is still a 32 bit service, so there is little advantage of 64 over 32 bit if this is a FileMaker only server. Our experaince with Java and the admin console is long and frustrating, but we have the admin console working on every we own at this time. Most of FM11, but we have a few with client owned licenses which are 9/10.

I think your issue is more likely to be Java related that Web Edition realted. We have several servers running web edition and the console is functional on each. I also saw a post about an IIS fix which was preventing the launching of the Admin Console.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Windows Web Server 2008 R2
                Bartosz_Liszkowski

Thanks,

I will try to look at Java and IIS.