This has also been my experience and was also mentioned by Chaim Bacon in his PauseonError presentation.
It is a Mac-thing and has something to do with the way the google identifier you use does not authorise the webviewer... well at least not every time.
It works fine (usually) if the web viewer code is hard-coded but when you add calculated code it seems to have problems. The same code can be fed to an external browser and it works fine.
Presumably the google identifier you are using was mapped to the server's ip address and not your work machine...?
I've found that the solution to this problem is to export the page to Temp folder and pass the local URL to web viewer.
Yes... I've done various work-arounds like this too... but it is frustrating and not always suitable... especially if you are doing multipoint distance calculations etc and you want interactivity.
I'd like google to buy a Mac and a copy of FileMaker...
thanks for your reply, good to hear that this is a common problem ;-)
I hope that the next FM version will have solved this default.
btw the server and client are in the same network so their external IP is the same.
I have another curiosity here, sometimes the map gets displayed, including other geometries I add, eg a bounding box of all points, but the points on it don't. And the next time all shows up fine or not at all.
I will look into this workaround, the map display needs to be rather flexible and dynamic.
I'll hope FM next will have solved this issue directly.