AnsweredAssumed Answered

Why does FMA11 allow deletion of relationship table graph without warning dialog to save lost of all complete vital data?

Question asked by listen2earth on Feb 2, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2012 by timwhisenant

i lost all my vital data in all my fields in my current Table on my main file apparently i guess i assume because i was hastily busy renaming all my relationships while deleting many old relations not needed and accidently deleted the Current File Main Table cause i had different name on it thinking it was duplicated one and there she goes pooh gone all of my vital data vanished by just selecting Table deleting and FileMaker Advance 11 has absolutely NO WARNING Dialog to tell you that this Table belongs to the current file and deleting it will delete all data.

Unless my file is corrupted which i not see any signs that it is!! There is a table in the graph showing the origional name of the origional Table but it shows it does not belong to the current file. So obiviosly it is a duplication while also FM shows there is no tables available that belongs to the current file.

This all clearly indicates without a doubt that FileMaker developers have gone absolutely crazy to allow a user to delete any current graph Tables whatsoever!! It should be a complete no no, for saving years of data down the drain simply by selecting current Table and pressing delete and pooh gone all your data!!!!

As a developer when working extensively designing creating making changes there's always a lot of deletions and the recreating o what has been deleted.

IN LIGHT OF ALL WHAT'S BEEN MENTION FILEMAKER SHOULD HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DELETIONS OF ANY COMPONENTS BUT INSTEAD DISPOSE OF DELETIONS INTO A TRASH CAN WHERE ALL CAN BE RETREIVED !!

i still there's got to be a way to restore my Table??

rob lewis

Outcomes