6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 24, 2012 3:34 AM by sibren

Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?

dtkleo

I'm not an advanced user of FileMaker, but I am trying to use Instant web publishing (IWP) with Lion Server. The problem is every time I click OK to set FileMaker's IWP, it crashes. The last success I had with IWP was on Snow Leopard (not server). Just a guess but I think that Lion Server doesn't like to share control for web resources on the Mac. I am considering going back to Lion without the Server to make IWP work again but that would be a step backward. So I'll probably just let it be. I put this question here for others who might look for the same thing. How do you get FileMaker's Instant Web Publishing to work with Lion Server? Thanks for your time.

• 1. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?

I have been using IWP on Lion Server with no issues. Server 10.7.2 (hold off on the very new 10.7.3) and FileMaker Server 11.0.4. Clean install of both, no upgrades from pervious versions.

Is your web server by itself working properly?

What kind of crash/message are you getting when you click IWP?

Scott

• 2. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?
            dtkleo

Yes I'm using the 10.7.3 with FileMaker Pro 11.0v4. Web functions seem to work just fine for my needs. I would have thought there was a conflict with Lion's Web server turned on using port 80 and FileMaker using port 81 at the same time.

Anyway I don't know and the FM IWP crash report gets sent to Apple to solve with plenty of lines like:

Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000fffffffc

Could the way I installed FileMaker have something to do with it? I just dragged it out from an old Time Machine. Well as you said a fresh clean install of both might be what I need to do... maybe later.

• 3. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?
              PointInSpace

Try manually downloading and installing the 10.7.3 combo updater to your

machine.  There are some issues with the 10.7.3 update used through the

Software Update function that have been causing applications to crash.

Might be your problem.

- John

Yes I'm using the 10.7.3 with FileMaker Pro 11.0v4. Web functions seem

to work just fine for my needs. I would have thought there was a

conflict with Lion's Web server turned on using port 80 and FileMaker

using port 81 at the same time.

Anyway I don't know and the FM IWP crash report gets sent to Apple to

solve with plenty of lines like:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000fffffffc

Could the way I installed FileMaker have something to do with it? I just

dragged it out from an old Time Machine. Well as you said a fresh clean

install of both might be what I need to do... maybe later.

--

• 4. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?

Sorry, I misread your original post. I'm using FileMaker Server. Not sure about using regular FileMaker.

Do you have the Firewall turned on? If so, is port 81 available? What happens when you try port 80 -- I'm really not sure how FileMaker "not Server" handles web ports in OS X Server.

I have noticed that FileMaker no longer alloes me to turn on Web Sharing on my OS X laptop with Lion. I receive a message about the port number having to be between 1024 and 65535, and even then it no longer works.

• 5. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?
                  dtkleo

A clean reinstall did it for me. Thanks Guys. Entered my old licence number, updated it and just like that it works! Silly me to think just dragging it out from time machine would work.

• 6. Re: Instant Web Publishing And Lion Server. How?
                    sibren

I had the same issue with IWP and FilemakerPro 11v, quite frustrating! I called to the FM helpdesk and they said it was a bug in the FM11v4.

After downloading the latest update via a special link, IWP workt fine again!