1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 15, 2012 1:52 AM by melastudio

FileMaker Go and CNS barcode reader

chrislow

Hi to everybody,

I did some testing with filemaker go and the cns barcode reader and everything worked really good!

I have used the fmp7script to start the scanning out of a local filemaker file and to do the callback to fm all ednded up with a search script.

Next step was to connect my local file on the iphone to a file on a server, so that all records of the server file are shown on the local iphone file.

I am using the same password on the local file as on the server file. If I start my local file there is no problem with connecting to the server file.

Everything works fine up to this point.

Now I start scanning with a button in the local file. Camera of cns barcode scanner opens, I do my scan the callback goes back to filemaker go.

And now the problem is that I have to enter my username and password to the file on the server!

That not good- password is quite long...

Is there any help to avoid this. Is it possible to have the password in the fmp7script for connecting?

Yes I know, opening a remote file by using fmp7script with the password is possible.

But I do not want to open it, I just want my local file to be open.

Why is my local file doing this conncetion to the server file correctly and why am I asked to enter the password after the scanning?

Thanks very much for every solution.

Best,

Christoph Lohmann

• 1. Re: FileMaker Go and CNS barcode reader
          melastudio

chrislow ha scritto:

Hi to everybody,

Is there any help to avoid this. Is it possible to have the password in the fmp7script for connecting?

Yes I know, opening a remote file by using fmp7script with the password is possible.

Christoph Lohmann

Hi Chris

You have to work with the Custom Priviledge set.

You must add one called "fmrestorelogin" and assign it to all the user that you need.