AnsweredAssumed Answered

Hung Server SIde Script Client?

Question asked by ByteTheBullet on Feb 6, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 9, 2012 by ByteTheBullet

I've encountered an interesting problem over the weekend. I have a solution that uses a server side script to import some data from files in the server's FileMaker/FileMaker Server/Data/Documents directory. I tested the script a bunch of times before implementing it and it worked just fine. Over the weekend, I received an error email from the server stating that the script had aborted due to a time limit exceeded or server stopped, error number 691. Since the server hasn't stopped, I'm going with the assumption that the time limit for the script was exeeded. It shouldn't have been, but that's another issue for now. That error happened late Saturday night (the schedule calls for this particular script to run every day at 23:45). On Sunday, the script failed with the error number 2- no open databases to operate on. I check the server, and sure enough, the database in question is closed. However, it shows that it has one client connected to it, and that client is "FileMaker Script". Seeing as the database is being shown as closed, this seems odd to me. I tried to open the file, but received error number 38- the file is open by another application. I tried closing the file, and received error number 92- the file is not currently open. I tried disconnecting the "FileMaker Script" client, but nothing happens. No error message, but the client won't go away.

Does anyone know of a way other than stopping and starting the FIleMaker servive to resolve this situation? There are a number of other databases on this server that are problematic to shut down during business hours due to use. Additionally, does anyone know what causes this sort of situation to occur, and what can be done to avoid it in the future? Thanks!

Outcomes