2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 11, 2012 9:59 AM by jc_sc

Any suggestions on how I can correct this constant error in the system log?

jc_sc

I did have PHP configured but now I have a constant error which I can't figure out how to fix. I won't bore you with all of the things I've done to try and fix it, but will just present the symptoms:

When enabling Web publishing technologies in the Deployment Assistant, I check PHP, and regardless which of the two options I select, (yes, install the FMS supported version of PHP5) or (No, use my existing installation of the PHP engine) the installation fails.

When looking for the reason I found the following error popping up every 10 seconds in the system log:

Could not open configuration file /Library/FileMaker Server/Admin/admin-helper/WEB-INF/conf/fmi-test.conf: No such file or directory

Any suggestions?

I appreciate your help!

• 1. Re: Any suggestions on how I can correct this constant error in the system log?
          karendweaver

jc

You didn't say which platform you are on, but assuming you have checked and the file is in the directory path you listed above - check the permissions!  They must be the same as the overall Admin folder - and I have found that at least on OSX they get messed up easily.

If the permissions are not correct, I recommend you use a command line to fix them.  That seems to be the way to get them to "stick" the best..

If the file is NOT in the directory - hopefully you have a backup somewhere!

Hope that helps!

karen

• 2. Re: Any suggestions on how I can correct this constant error in the system log?
            jc_sc

Karen, Thanks so much for your reply, and I did have a problem in permissions in the past just as you describe. In this case however it seemed as if I was stuck in a loop where Filemaker could not initialize PHP.

I'm not that familiar with the terminal but have done a lot of stuff over the years so thought I'd check out the apache config file httpd.conf.

At the bottom of the file where some items added by Filemaker when I installed Filemaker Server originally. I carefully deleted those items restoring the file to it's pre-Filemaker state.

When I went back into Filemaker Server and edited the server deployment, this time it allowed me to deploy the PHP webserver, and it correctly found Apache server and set it up. I went back into httpd.conf and found that Filemaker had added those deleted lines back in, and everything seems to be OK now.

What a happy feeling when things work!

Best Regards,

JC