AnsweredAssumed Answered

Setting up network sharing of database.

Question asked by danielle-gwa on Feb 9, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 by keywords

I have developed a complex database for the company I am working in. I am now at a stage were I want other colleagues to access the database I have created. As this is my first database created using FileMaker Pro 11, I have established myself as the main administrator user. I have also set up 4 other accounts that have full access of the database for the time being and each has the allow network sharing selected. Finally I have saved the database on our companies apple time capsule which is shared on our internet network. Each colleague can access the files on the time capsule as they are connected to our companies internet network.

If I open the database and log in, then my colleague tries to open the database from the time capsule and log in he is unable to as I am already logged in.

Can anyone help me with what i am to do next to allow all 4 of my colleagues to simultaneously access the database?

I have read that it involves allowinf the filemaker sharing port 5003 to be used by our network.

I also know our network name and airport IP address which I think is needed.

I would be very grateful for an advice as soon as possible.

Thanks

Outcomes