3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2012 12:27 AM by fredpnet

Sticky printers

carfiles

I am in the middle of developing a runtime solution for several clients. One of my problems at present is with "Printer Scripts". My clients require a Laser Printer for their normal printing but ocassionally they need to switch to an Impact Printer to print certain documents, then they need to switch back to their original Laser Printer. The problem is switching back to the Laser Printer, the script hangs on the Impact Printer and even when you manually select the Laser Printer, it reverts (restores) to the Impact Printer all by itself. My temporary solution is to open the script itself and change printers from within the script, but my clients hate that fix, pushing buttons is hard enough for them. Anyone out there has a script that works well switching back and forth when using multiple printers (windows). Thanks...Gary

• 1. Re: Sticky printers
          fredpnet

You probably use the "Default" printer option in your script (only on Windows).

You can create à fiirst button with the default printer. It prints on the laser printer.

You can create à second button. You have two choices :

- The first one is to let your client to choose the print in the "printer option" windows. But this choice is to made for each print.

- The second is to define the printer (whitout windows). In that case, you need to make it on the PC of your client because you can't define à printer which is not on your PC.

Sorry for my english, I'm french

Frédéric.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Sticky printers
            carfiles

Thank you Frédéric, I combined one of your suggestions (the second one) with one of mine and it's working good so far. As far as your english is concerned, you do better than most of us, au revoir mon ami (pardon my french) and thanks....Gary

• 3. Re: Sticky printers
              fredpnet

Thanks a lot !