8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 12:44 PM by steve@scoopconsulting.ca

Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB

HI ,

I tried to find solution in other websites but i got no answer, Please help me.I am going crazy

I am a newbie and i am sure its a tiny simple click that i am missing. I set up a server with filemaker server advance 10. Its up and running. I can access to database in my home network with 192.168.1.1/..... numbers with 4 different computers in my network. with fmp7 extentions i can access to my database from internet. Friends also can access thru internet with PC`s and MAc computers With different ip address in allover city with filemaker pro 10. So i know I have no problem accessing with pro versions.The only problem which is very important for me, My friends cant access my IWP from the Internet while i can access in my private network to IWP perfectly.

here is the info what i have

*Filemaker Server 10

*Filemaker pro 10

*Windows 2003 server

*IIS setup

-------------------------------------

*all the database open and normal and checked for IWP

*It says IWP running correctly

*On Router 80 and 591 and 8080 ports open

*Other Open ports=16004-16006-16008-16010-16012-16014-16018-5003-50003-16000-16001-50006-389

*I can access in my network 192.168.1.116/fmi/iwp but no access <my ip address>/fmi/iwp outside of my network (in the www)

*People can access to my network with filemaker pro to see .fp7 extentions

*On server IWP enabled

------------------------------------

*Also thru web ,i can access filemakerserver 10 with my ip adress http://<my ip address>:16000/

*Also every file on Filemaker pro Accounts & Privileges checked for IWP

* fmi/iwp enabled for the accounts for each files.

I am assuming something to do with windows server 2003 configuration. Because any how in my network between 4 PC's IWP working perfectly. I am entering accounts that i created easyly. When i tell someone outside to enter my network, it gives error cant even connect.

-So whats the problem that i can access to my server with filemaker pro but i cant access with IWP to my server?

-Whats the problem i can access to IWP in my private network but no access thru WWW

I have tried everything and going crazy

Please help !!!!!!

• 1. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB
          LyndsayHowarth

I think you will find that by default the IIS server has port 80 turned off to the WAN.

It is a special little setting that you always overlook and I can't tell you more... but it catches me out with PHP configs every time.

If you check the router error log it helps you troubleshoot it. I think it is an error 22 but I also remember a 6.

You also have to make sure that you are sharing out of Port 80 on the server.

I know this seems really obvious... but look carefully...!

- Lyndsay

Message was edited by: Lyndsay Howarth  It may have been the Firewall settings...

• 2. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB
            beverly

When trouble shooting these kinds of things:

1. Is the web server running?

you can test this ON the server by opening any browser

then type in "http://localhost/" (no quotes) this is your HOST

an alternate is "http://127.0.0.1/"

also try the IP address of the server (from the server)

if you have domain attached to the server, you can test for that, too.

IF you do NOT get a standard welcome/home/index... page then you web server is probably not running.

IF you do NOT get the web server running, your FMP/IWP (or CWP) will not be running.

2. IF you have your web server running and if you have your FMS running (and all the settings show "on"), did you test the sample database that comes with the installation?

the name of this file is "FMServer_Sample.fp7"

get at the testing for everything to be working correctly from the FMS Admin Console.

or in your browser "http://[host]:16000/test" (no quotes), substitute your host from above

IF the sample database does not work with IWP, go back to your installation and if you need to re-install.

If you don't start with the basics and get these running correctly, your database won't work either!

3. IS your database set for sharing with IWP? Does it have any privilege sets that allow IWP? does the database show up in the Admin Console? What do you see beside this database in the console?

Beverly

• 3. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB

Hi

Thanks for your respond.

1-Yes web server running.http://<my ip>/  and http://127.0.0.1/  works. And shows the index.htm file i created in wwwroot folder.

2-Test of  sample database successful.

3-Database set for sharing with IWP and all the privileges set to allow IWP. Database show up in the admin console

But still no luck

• 4. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB

Thanks Lyndsay for your respond

I am also assuming , it has something to do with Windows server 2003 IIS configuration. when you say "you will find that by default the IIS server has port 80 turned off to the WAN." you mean on router or in IIS properties. I was trying to find out where it is , i couldnt find it, On router the port is open .

• 5. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB

Here some pictures that what i have :

01.gif03.gif

02.gif

• 6. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB
                    LyndsayHowarth

Sorry, I meant at the router...

It was something really basic that I had never seen turned off before and had been done by their ISP on install.

I can't find the screen dumps I took but will ask if someone else has a copy.

- Lyndsay

• 7. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB

hello all

finally i found the problem. I should do that at the very begining. CALLING my internet provider. I dont know if its same in USA but in canada they block all 80 and 591 port numbers who has residential internet access. That way they force you to use static business account. Thats why People werent being able to access IWP database only but accessing filemaker pro database because they use different port I hope this information will help others.

thanks for your help

Mike

• 8. Re: Filemaker Server 10 Advanced IWP Access problem on WEB
                        steve@scoopconsulting.ca

Mike,

I think I am experiencing the same problem with FMSA12.

What did you do to correct the situation?  ... did you take out a business account?

... Steve.