AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unreliable external connection.

Question asked by paulatkins on Feb 13, 2012
Latest reply on Apr 4, 2012 by paulatkins

We are running FMP11 in paralell to a Sybase7, being Sybase7 it is not ESS compatible, so we run an import script that timestamps when run, and the script only pulls the modified records after the timestamp. The import process or 4000 records can take 4 hours if the timestamp is not used!

If I run the query that the FM database generates on the Sybase server directly, it works 100% of the time.

When I run the FM import script, it sometimes ignores new records. I cannot find a consistent reason.

Can anyone offer assistance please? This is an odd one, I wish the Sybase could be re-written in a more modern MySQL so ESS would work.

FMP11 is run off a Mac OSX 10.6.8 Server

ODBC driver is ODBC Manager 1.0.7

The Query looks like this:

SELECT CUSTOMERINFO.ACQUIRED, CUSTOMERINFO.ALTPHONE, CUSTOMERINFO.BILLINGTYPE, CUSTOMERINFO.CONTACTNAME, CUSTOMERINFO.CUSTOMERID, CUSTOMERINFO.CUSTOMERRATING, CUSTOMERINFO.EMAIL, CUSTOMERINFO.LASTMODIFIED, CUSTOMERINFO.NAME, CUSTOMERINFO.NOTES, CUSTOMERINFO.PHONE, CUSTOMERINFO.PRICINGMODULE, CUSTOMERINFO.WEBSITE, ADDRESSINFO.ADDRESS1, ADDRESSINFO.ADDRESS2, ADDRESSINFO.ADDRESSTYPE, ADDRESSINFO.CITY, ADDRESSINFO.Country, ADDRESSINFO.SHIPPINGINSTRUCTION, ADDRESSINFO.SHIPPINGMETHOD, ADDRESSINFO.STATE, ADDRESSINFO.ZIP, ADDRESSINFO.SHIPPINGNUMBER, CUSTOMEREMAILINFO.NoSolicitation FROM CUSTOMERINFO, ADDRESSINFO, CUSTOMEREMAILINFO WHERE CUSTOMERINFO.CUSTOMERID = ADDRESSINFO.CUSTOMERID AND CUSTOMERINFO.CUSTOMERID = CUSTOMEREMAILINFO.CUSTOMERID AND AddressType = 'B' AND MEMBER >='2012-01-13 20:57:52.000'

Outcomes