10 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 11:23 AM by Stephen Huston

Keeping existing found set if no records found

paul_tuckey

I would like to mimic the behaviour of the Cancel button when performing a manual find in a scripted find, where if no records are found I am returnd to my exsisting found set.

If I perform a manual find on a table and nothing is found I get the following messasge.

"No records match this set of find requests."

Im then given the option to Cancel or Modify Find

If I click Cancel Im returned to my previous found set. This is the desired behaviour I would like to mimic in a script.

If I perform a scripted find with Set Error Capture [On] and nothing is found I display following Custom Dialog

"Nothing has been found. Please try again"

I then just display an OK button which triggers the Exit Scrip command.

This returns me to my Layout with 0 Records being displayed. (which is not what I want).

What command if any should I use to match that of the manual find Cancel button? I have tried various and commands such as Exit Script etc without sucsess. I have also tried find scripts without Error Capture but these introduce an additinal Continue button in "No records match this set of find requests." dialog which can confuse busy users.

I hoping Im missing basic gap in my knowledge here and the answer is a simple rather that having to build a convoluted workaround.

Thanks

Paul