AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script to open a layout and point to a specfic record.

Question asked by garyshell on Feb 16, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 by cortical

I am looking at the “Time Cards” template database that ships with FileMaker. Specifically the “Record List” layout. Next to each name in the list is a button with a script associated with it. I can see that the script in this case is “Go to Record Detail”. And when I look at that script I see it contains:

Script1.png

(my apologies for using pictures but FileMaker won’t let me copy and paste the text.

I understand what both of those lines do. The first opens the target layout. The second runs another script. That script contains:

script2.png

And that makes sense, it is looking to place focus on the correct text box for today’s date.

But what I don’t understand is how the “Record Detail” layout was pointed to the correct record in the first place. I don’t see any sort of parameter being paced to link the record in the “Record List” layout to navigate the “Record Detail” layout to that record. I am sure there is something obvious I am missing, but… I am missing it.

To be clear what I am asking for, I am trying to wrap my head around how THIS sample TimeCard database accomplishes this, not other ways to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Gary

Outcomes