4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 7:27 AM by PointInSpace

Terminal services access: best option for OSX host?

Oliver_Reid

I have an all-Mac client with travelling raps with variable bandwidth and latency of IP connections.

Is there an OSX equivalent of Terminals Services that will allow multiple remote FMP sessions from Ipad, Mac or Windows.

I have tried Logmein, but it appears to limit the user to the screen resolution on the hosting machine.

I might get them to get Windows Server and a bunch of CAL's but that would be an adventure for them.

Suggestions based on actual experience please.

With respect, no "you might try...." responses not based on experience.

Thnaks

• 1. Re: Terminal services access: best option for OSX host?
          BruceHerbach

Hi,

I have a client using Aqua Connect to provide terminal services for staff in the office and for remote/internet access.  It accepts connections from a number of clients including Microsofts Remote Desktop Connection.  Below is a link to their web site.

http://www.aquaconnect.net/

I have found it works fairly well.  Current version works with Lion.  Since I am developing for him and needed to test in office connectivity and use with the solution we are working on, they were nice enough to give me a developer version.  It works like the technet version of FMS,  full functionality,  but only 2 connections.  Great for development and testing, not usable in a production environement.  My client purchased it for his office.  We deployed on a Mac Pro with Lion Server.

HTH
          Bruce

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Terminal services access: best option for OSX host?
            PointInSpace

I have an all-Mac client with travelling raps with variable bandwidth

and latency of IP connections.

Is there an OSX equivalent of Terminals Services that will allow

multiple remote FMP sessions from Ipad, Mac or Windows.

I have tried Logmein, but it appears to limit the user to the screen

resolution on the hosting machine.

I might get them to get Windows Server and a bunch of CAL's but that

would be an adventure for them.

Suggestions based on actual experience please.

With respect, no "you might try...." responses /not/ based on experience.

Thnaks

We've got a couple folks using AquaConnect on our OS X virtual servers

with success.

- John

--

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Terminal services access: best option for OSX host?
              Oliver_Reid

Thanks

What are the best app to access AquaC. on MAc, Windows, and Ipad  (or even Android?)

• 4. Re: Terminal services access: best option for OSX host?
                PointInSpace

Thanks

What are the best app to access AquaC. on MAc, Windows, and Ipad (or

even Android?)

I'm not sure specifically.  I'd recommend contacting AquaConnect for

suggestions.

- John

--