3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 20, 2012 3:26 PM by comment

Time calculation / Filtering

tcenguyen

Hi All,

I am trying to display the records by date and time.

1. I have Table 1 with Time ; Date is auto entered when the record created. and a Text filed and the notes entry.

2. I need to have the report that generate records by the following criteria.

** All records from the last 24 hours , at the time that user run the script.

or ** All recrods that run by the script that base on today time 6:00 AM - 24 hour.

Please advice.

Thanks all

• 1. Re: Time calculation / Filtering
          comment

tcenguyen wrote:

** All records from the last 24 hours , at the time that user run the script.

This would be easier if you had a Timestamp field, even as a calculation =

Timestamp ( Date ; Time )

Without such field, you will need to create 2 requests: one for records where Date = Get (CurrentDate) and one for records where Date = Get (CurrentDate) -1 and Time > Get (CurrentTime).

tcenguyen wrote:

** All recrods that run by the script that base on today time 6:00 AM - 24 hour.

This one I didn't understand.

• 2. Re: Time calculation / Filtering
            tcenguyen

Hi Michael,

Thanks.

I have created two field called calcD (currentdate -1) and calcT (currentTime) as timestamp, then I created another field CalCombine with your instruction CalCombine(calcD;calcT). I would have the date display as one day before and the time is auto enter as realtime.

I did the same thing as above with a filed call calcurrentCombine; all I have to do is specify the currentdate as current instead -1.

Now I do have value as

Calcombine                     2/19/2010 4:00 pm

CalCurrentCombine        2/20/2010 4:00 pm

Thanks again.  Is there a shorter way to do this. and how do I trigger this in the script ( my second question).

• 3. Re: Time calculation / Filtering
              comment

I am afraid we are not on the same page here. You don't need those calculation fields you have created. You only need a script that does:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [ YourTable::Date ; Get (CurrentDate) ]

New Request

Set Field [ YourTable::Date ; Get (CurrentDate) - 1 ]

Set Field [ YourTable::Time ; ">" & Get (CurrentTime) ]

Perform Find []