4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2012 3:45 AM by thomas_staehli

Creating Records

dinora

How do I create record so that it has the it is for the same person as my previous record- I will explain,

I have patients, these patients make visits to the Dr. I want to be able to go to this patient, create a button that allows me to create a new visit. Which will take me to the visit layout. I have been able to do that OK

My problem is that once I am in the visits layout I want to be able to avoid having to select the patient again, I would like the patients detail to be already there.

Can you help? Dins

• 1. Re: Creating Records
          Malcolm
          • 2. Re: Creating Records
            dinora

Nothing was explained on your post

• 3. Re: Creating Records
              Malcolm

On 21/02/2012, at 2:43 PM, dinora:

created by dinora in General - View the full discussion

How do I create record so that it has the it is for the same person as my previous record-  I will explain,

I have patients, these patients make visits to the Dr.  I want to be able to go to this patient, create a button that allows me to create a new visit.  Which will take me to the visit layout.  I have been able to do that OK

My problem is that once I am in the visits layout I want to be able to avoid having to select the patient again, I would like the patients detail to be already there.

The Duplicate Record command may do what you want.

Once you have duplicated the record, simply change the relevant details.

Malcolm

• 4. Re: Creating Records
                thomas_staehli

Hi Dinora,

On your button that calls the script, add the patient ID as script parameter.

Create a script that will, that will:

- go to the visit layout

- Create a new record

- set the FK PatientID (on the newly created record) with the script parameter (using the "get(script parameter)" function )

This will link the visit to the patient record you were on before moving to the visit layout (I assume the visit layout is based on the visit table, right?)

Thomas