AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Find/Set Field in Report w/SubSummary

Question asked by datarunner on Feb 25, 2012
Latest reply on Mar 5, 2012 by datarunner

I have a report that summarizes hours logged by a "WeekBegin" date field. The report does exactly what is needed, however I need to give users the ability to get the same report for specific date ranges they enter. The script I have works correctly when it sets the correct field value for the find called in the script (I have tested in an alternate DB when not using a subsummary field).

My issue, is that the Set Field function is setting the field in the subsummary part - and it will not perform the find. If I have the field repeated in the body of the same report, I can manually do a find and it works. I tried swapping out the merge field with the typical field and this did not correct the issue either. I've tested doing the find manually on the subsummary field unsuccessfully as well so I'm assuming now finds just cannot be performed within a subsummary part.

Is there a way in the script to have it Set Field on a field in the body of the report instead of going to the field in the subsummary? If not, does anyone have a suggestion of a good way around this?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Leah

Outcomes