AnsweredAssumed Answered

Auto Complete on a hosted Solution Issue

Question asked by edwardlscott on Feb 26, 2012
Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 by edwardlscott

I'm working on a solution with a Customers table and an Apartments table. I have two layouts respectively with the "Customer Name" field and the "Apartments Name" fields on each layout, with each set to "Auto Complete from existing values" (both are fully indexed text fields).

I started on the solution working locally on my machine. Then I moved the file to a remote server running FM 11 server.

Now, the Customer side implementation works nicely, but the Apartments side hangs up and won't respond after entering the Apartments Name field and trying to type. When I try, I get a "command dot" cursor which then if I type <command dot> the field will enter the last single character I tried to type in (e.g., to type in "ABC" I have to type "A" then <command dot> then "B" then <command dot> then "C" then <command dot> then I can do the search on the string "ABC". Weird.

I have carefully looked for any differences between the field/layout/script triggers/vallidation settings for these two implementations.

Is anyone aware of any known issues related to using Auto-complete on a remotely-hosted file? Any brilliant ideas of what else I may be failing to think of?

I can provide a login if anyone wants to take a look.

Thanks in advace,

Ed

Outcomes