2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 26, 2012 4:50 PM by pminich

Applescript with Filemaker Variable

dcwells

Is it possible to use a Filemaker variable in Applescript? I would like to run script to set rename a directory. I have tried using set new_folder to cell "Directory" of current record as string. For some reason, it doesn't grab the current record. I would like to use a global variable so set new_folder to $$Directory and set the variable before the script runs. I have tried to figure out the Calculated AppleScript funtion but I have had no luck.

thanks,

• 1. Re: Applescript with Filemaker Variable
          Malcolm

On 27/02/2012, at 9:46 AM, dcwells asked:

Is it possible to use a Filemaker variable in Applescript?  I would like to run script to set rename a directory.  I have tried using set new_folder to cell "Directory" of current record as string.  For some reason, it doesn't grab the current record.  I would like to use a global variable so set new_folder to $$Directory and set the variable before the script runs.  I have tried to figure out the Calculated AppleScript funtion but I have had no luck.

tell application "FileMaker Pro Advanced"

set s to get cell "company" of record 1 of table "sample_records"

end tell

display dialog s

malcolm

• 2. Re: Applescript with Filemaker Variable
            pminich

I am a big fan of Applescript but calculating scripts (especially when it involves filenames and directory paths) can give be painful with escaping characters etc. I find the ScriptMaster plugin from 360works.com handles these functions much more efficiently.