3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 27, 2012 8:40 AM by MattLeach

IWP and Browser Compatability

MattLeach

I've come across a strange issue that i can't seem to figure out.

I have a database hosted on FM Gateway that is accessed via IWP. The top of each layout has a small menu with 4 buttons.

Each button has a simple Go To Layout action on them.

If i open the database using IE, each button functions as it should.

If i open the database using Safari or FireFox, the first 3 buttons work fine, but the last one does nothing. The cursor does not even change to a hand.

I've opened the database and have removed the action and re-applied it, then re-uploaded the database but the issue is still happening, i just find it odd that it works fine in IE.

Anyone experience anythign similar or have any insight as to why this may be happening.

• 1. Re: IWP and Browser Compatability
          BowdenData

MattLeach wrote:

...database accessed via IWP. The top of each layout has a small menu with 4 buttons.

Each button has a simple Go To Layout action on them.

If i open the database using IE, each button functions as it should.

If i open the database using Safari or FireFox, the first 3 buttons work fine, but the last one does nothing. The cursor does not even change to a hand.

I've opened the database and have removed the action and re-applied it, then re-uploaded the database but the issue is still happening, i just find it odd that it works fine in IE.

Matt,

Make sure that the buttons are all in the frontmost layer (select all of them and apply "bring to front" action). Also, if the buttons are made up of multiple objects that are layered, that can cause problems as well. I have tended to avoid traditional buttons in IWP and instead have just used text and text formatted to look like a regular web link. Have never had a problem with these. Attached is a partial screenshot of what I mean by Text buttons.

IWP Text Buttons.png

HTH.

Doug de Stwolinska

Bowden Data Services, LLC

• 2. Re: IWP and Browser Compatability
            MattLeach

The buttons i have are just simple text with a image behind it. the text box is the size of the button to make the whole area clickable. I will double check the positioning and report back.

• 3. Re: IWP and Browser Compatability
              MattLeach

Went into each layout and the button was already at the front but i clicked it anyway and it now works properly in Safari. Just odd that IE worked while others failed, another tip to add to the toolbox.